We need you!
Everyone who has a child involved in any BHS performing arts production in any way is automatically a Friend of the Performing Arts! Please get involved in a large or small way—even helping with concessions or box office one night for one production makes a difference and allows FoPA to continue its much-needed support of our school’s vibrant performing arts programs.
ways you can help:
- Attend our open monthly meetings: dates and link/location will be updated on our homepage
- Short-term/one-time needs:
- Volunteer at a production (box office, usher, concessions)
- Solicit business sponsorships for our Program Books
- Join Our Board:
- Leadership volunteers are welcome - see more here
- General Outreach:
- Audience building: work with publicity and rising freshman outreach to build audiences for BHS performances. May include outreach to seniors, and brainstorming other ways to bring the wider community in to be entertained by our fabulous kids.
- Rising freshman outreach: in early spring, reach out to incoming 8th graders via performing arts at the K8 schools and local arts organizations or camps such as ArtBarn, Freelance Players, Voices Boston, Townwide Band, Orchestra, and Chorus, and Creative Arts at Park, etc.